First time novelist in the making

Welcome to my first book: A Time Rewritten
Please take the time to read some of my samples from the book I'm working on. Each week something new will be added. Feel free to post what you like or dislike about the story so far. Please don't attempt to edit my book, that's what an editor is for:) And if you try to copy my idea, I will hunt you down! :) jk. actually I'm not kidding...

sincerely, the author

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Post I

     I started this whole idea of a book, because one day, I was in a book store, which is a rare occasion for me, and I noticed most of the best selling books at the time were written by first time authors. I thought, wow, how could that be? I too love to write and have written lots of journal entries, short stories and poetry over the years. Even though biology is my first love, writing has become more and more something that I truly enjoy.
      I realized that day in the book store that these first time authors are making bank! If there was possibility of me ever getting rich it would be to write a best seller. Because my mind is analytical I came up with a formula for a best seller... Forbidden romance+strong characterization+sci fi twist+ beautiful setting+unique plot=best seller! Maybe that's over simplifying, but in my finite mind, it works. I have been writing this book, "A Time Rewritten" based on my formula ever since. It's a work in progress and will be for some time, but I hope to develop a following through this blog so publishers see that I already have an audience.
    Here's the gist of my book:   Have you ever wanted to be able to rewrite your story? Maybe even part of it? If only we could change the subtle events in our lives to change the ultimate outcome of our fate.    Sydney Mendenhall is an accomplished columnist for the 'Daily Dish', Tarrytown, New York's most notorious gazette. After gaining some notoriety, Sydney, the perfectionist, sets out to find a true story to be the basis of her new book. She encounters Amaris Rosenhaft, a holocaust survivor, who's story is unique in that she fell in love with a Nazi soldier, who ultimately saves her life, and helps her escape many times, even after he goes MIA. What connects these two women is a common dream they have of the rare, yet hauntingly beautiful, white wolf. There is something about those dreams that points them to clues about what happened to that Nazi soldier. What Sydney finds is that she is blessed with a gift, a one time gift to rewrite part of that soldier's experience so as to prevent his death so that he can be reunited with Amaris, the love of his life. She must find the one sublte turn of events that will change his fate. She then is to rewrite his story from that point, in a limited time alottment to change the course of both their lives. It's more than a love story, but a journey of personal development and universal themes that all can relate to. Stay tuned for posting II that will give a sample of chapter 2, entitled "Einsaltzgruppen"

2 comments:

  1. Okay so I've read entries I to IV so this is a comment on the whole project. KUDOS! first of all. I never knew you were such a writer although I should know by the degree of articulation you have in our conversations. I can't believe you never let me read your writing. MORE I want MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read them all, too and I am soooo impressed. Very good, a very good read. I will be watching for more. can't wait to see the finished product!!!

    ReplyDelete